Products of gem-gum-tec
This page is about what products could become a reality once crystolecule metamaterial technology has been reached.
Some disclaimers and notes
The potential applications listed here
- should only be taken as motivation for targeted development towards gemstone metamaterial technology and
- should not be taken too seriously since this collection of examples will be very incomplete and in parts probably quite wrong.
Beware of intermixing:
- the questionable feasibility of the here presented example application ideas with
- the rather sound feasibility of crystolecule metamaterial technology.
Smart combinations of the gemstone based metamaterials are the basis for all the prospective technologies presented here.
Once basic gemstone based metamaterial manufacturing capabilities are reached, development into the vast space of possible products will actually only be at its very beginning.
A lot more programming work will be necessary after gemstone metamaterial on-chip factories have arrived.
List of potential applications
In depth discussion of individual technologies can be found on the hyperlinked dedicated pages.
Some things may be found on the general discussion page.
Note: the levels of likelihood are perceived rather subjective and blurry.
This is a bit problematic but there seems to be a need for classification.
very high likelyhood
- fully automatic (and dirt cheap) miniature greenhouses -> reduction of land usage
- metal free means of transport – (no molybdenum containing car frames needed; mossanite based mechanical metamaterial instead)
- supercomputers in glasses and contact lenses – or rather these devices connecting to low power hyper-computers in smartphone format
- dynamically adjustable glasses and gratis hearing aids
- better alternative to open macroscale chains on bikes and motorcycles - (see: mechanical energy transmission cables)
- extremely good thermal isolation for houses (thermos flask level)
- a lot better prosthetics – pretty much indistinguishably from actual body-parts (if so desired)
- very high density data storage – reliable for geological time scales
- gauge blocks with lengths known down to the atom (thermal expansion ...) – well cosmic rays may spoil it over some time
- gauge masses known to the single atom (good video: ) - isotope separation needs to be done
- digital replacement for paper (equally thin and similar in look and feel) that gets widely adopted – highly crease resistant; bright passive color
- excessively (digitally) adjustable tables, cupboards, shelfs, chairs, ...
- nice cutlery - self resharpening – transparent blades (maybe with moving colorful iridescent marble like endorsements inside.
- safer gas pipes - gas transported in microcapsules - (or energy transported via entropical storage solutions that freeze rather than go BOOM in case of big damage)
- balloons that work without helium or hydrogen as lifting gas – a vaccum supported by filligree (bendable but not breakable) internal structures – the math for this works out it seems
Infrastructure as encountered everyday:
- open source AP 3D printer in many sizes like key tag format, size of a smart phone, laser printer, cupboard, garage or bigger
See: Form factors of gem-gum factories
- upgraded street infrastructure including (roofs with solar cells, energy transport, microcomponent redistribution, ...)
- maybe a lot more mid sized private wind-wheels; if it gets out of hand them legal constraints may be to expect (?)
- other styles of wind-wheels – medium movers sail type??
- extremely high buildings - whatever they may be for (just because we can?, space pier?, ??)
Cryogenics at home:
- non electrical quasi solid state heat pumps capable to generate cryogenic temperatures easily anytime anywhere (NOT referring to ulltra-low temperatures like the milli-kelvin range). Well ecapsuled for safety.
That eventually could allow for small portable optical quantum computers. And certainly allows doing something with for supercoductors.
Gem gum suits for people:
- very comfortable suits with passive thermo-regulation over a wide range of ambient temperature
- skintight adaptive isolation clothing like a second skin possibly with remote tactile feedback and body cleaning function – (note functional composition limitation)
- slightly thicker suits to survive in all types of weather Earth to offer over prolonged periods of time. Even after our CO2 escalation.
Equipment for survival in the wilderness:
- minimal survival pack: a super-isolating tent as housing, water, and raw sugar – all synthesized from "thin" air and sunlight.
– (maybe more types of food than just sugar, see: synthesis of food)
Mining and recycling:
- local waste water treatment in your own basement – likely to be done but not easy to do (See: Atomically precise disassembly)
- semi miniaturized oil refinement - likely to be done but not easy to do
- seperation of isotopes by mass – testing by frequency-tuning / spinning / (shooting & deflecting ?)
– (Prospect of people becoming capable making nukes in their garage from some raw ore is not so nice ... Prospect of getting rid of nuclear waste 100% by re-feeding to transmutation is nice ...)
- small scale laser based particle accelerators – (video) – See: Optical_particle_accelerators
- cheap dynamically changeable buildings and rooms - completely modular housing => dust free construction (architectural engineering)
- almost inaudible planes - see: medium movers
- really big flood and tsunami stopper that always are retracted (except tests) and do not obstruct the view to the sea – (defense against the forces of nature)
- a giant number of solar energy collecting and CO2 reducing mobile carbon dioxide collector buoys or mobile carbon dioxide collector balloons
- significantly improved transportation network -> strong cultural mixing
- rapid expansion of spaceflight - asteroids - space sports - interplanetary spaceflight
- a quite extensive private laboratory becoming affordable for everyone who desires one
- a new art-form of techno-plants
- a global microcomponent redistribution system
- chemical energy transmission slowly but surely replacing our current electric network (See also: mechanical energy transmission cables)
- rocket engines made out of of or upgraded to gemstone metamaterial technology
- a compact high culture re-spawning pack. Basically a small chip left in some geocache that allows re-spawning a good part of technology even if all else gets destroyed. A computer game like "save point" just for the entirety of real human technology. See: Disaster proof
- the simpler forms of injectable robotic medical devices - (e.g. the "respirocyte" - an oxygen tanker)
- convincingly sun emulating lamps: high intensity, point at the virtual "sky" yet parallel light-rays, proper spectrum
- super fast vacuum trains (needs to run straight for global scale distances -> legal issues)
- Utility fog as: furniture, crash-cushions, malleable computer interface, wheelchair cloud, ... (specialized solutions may be preferred)
- sliding windows to other places in the walls by drag-n-drop – quite interesting but maybe not too useful in most cases
- most speculative potential applications
- the more complex forms of injectable robotic medical devices (results of non mechanical technology path need to be mixed in)
- and many more ...
Developments in medicine tend to require more scientific discoveries (e.g. the understanding of the interaction of the bodies proteins) often making [exploratory engineering] over longer stretches into the future impossible.
Technology Level 0 and I will also advance in a direction of biosystem improvement (technology path µ). Whether and how T.Level III machines will wield those more bio-mimetic tools is an question that will remain open for quite some time since this question it in essence goes backward the technology levels into the yet unknown gap.
- previous: technology level III
- pre-products: gemstone based metamaterials
- next: most speculative potential applications
- The look of our environment - Warning! you are moving into more speculative areas.
- Effects on our daily lives - Warning! you are moving into more speculative areas.
- Exciting super far term visions for gemstone metamaterial technology
- Story scenarios