Mobile robotic device
This Page classifies advanced diamondoid atomically precise products that feature mobility in some way.
Earlier atomically precise products include e.g. medical nanomechanisms for drug delivery and such. Those are not treated here. If you look for those see here (earlier) or here (later).
Classification based on size
- nano-scale - (e.g. nanomedical devices, ...)
- micro-scale - (e.g. microcomponent maintainance units, ...)
- meso-scale - around human eye visibility threshold (e.g. hacking devices, CO2 depleting replicators, ...)
- macro-scale - (e.g. cars & other vehicles for transportation, space probes, ...)
Classification based on material processing capabilities
- microcomponents - (e.g. microcomponent maintainance units)
- feedstock molecules suitable best suitable for mechanosynthesis - (e.g. nanofactories, ...)
- normal air - see: air as a resource - (e.g. CO2 collector devices, CO2 depleting replicators, ...)
- certain biological materials e.g. DNA - (e.g. nanomedical devices, ...)
- sugar - (e.g. nanomedical devices, ...)
Classification based on mechanical interconnectedness
- free floating/flying/swimming - (e.g. nanomedical devices, cleanup devices, ...)
- tethered - (e.g. utility foglets, trains, ...)
- barely mobile - (e.g. elasticity emulating microcomponents, ...)
The better the stuff is bond together the better this is for recycling.
Classification based on degree of good will
- productive / useful - (e.g. nanomedical devices, nanofactories, computerglasses, ...)
- grey zone - (e.g. cleanup devices, hacking devices, ...)
- malicious - (e.g. atmosphere poisoners, CO2 depleting replicators, destructive weapons ...)