Thermal energy transport
(Redirected from Thermal energy transmission)
With Diamondoid heat transmission systems of technology level III enormous surface densities of heat flow (heating cooling) can be archived.
The factors that go in
- high surface to volume ratio (a thin sheet or dense stripes)
- very good thermal conductiocity of diamond
- good thermal capacity - the transport meium can be choosen for the operating temperature range
- high throughput of thermal mass due to fast capsule transport - the turning radius poses hard constraints on geometry though
- thermal conductivity of one dimensional sliding interfaces
[Todo: determine bottleneck in different situations - diagram]
Some possible applications
- in AP small scale factories of technology level III this is extended with diamondoid heat pump systems there the waste heat isn't too high and the situation far from extreme so turning radii do not play a role.
- high speed Aerial vehicles (See: medium movers)
- fusion power (figure eight loops for tokamaks?)
- geothermal stuff?
- active cooling for gemstone based metamaterials that maximize emulated toughness (speculative!)