Advanced atomically precise systems will enable some new and promising kinds of energy transmission.
- Chemical energy transmission
- Mechanical energy transmission cables
- Nanotubes as electrical conductors
- new kinds of superconductors sprouting from the non mechanical technology path (speculative!)
- Thermal energy transmission via capsule transport
Packing energy storage cells in Mechanical energy transmission cables is practical for all but the most extreme power conversion speed requirements (chemomechanical converters are slower than "simple" redirections). Moderately done the tensile strength of the cable (which bears the kinetic power) does not fall much. Interesting is that there is a certain speed where the quadratically rising kinetic energy starts to exceed the linear rising chemical one. [Todo: what is that speed approximately; attempt to make a speed vs chemical & kinetic power graph]