- Up: Chemical element
(TODO: discuss major ones here)
Carbon group / group IV / group 14 oxides
- CO2 normally the well known gas but highly explosive when in solid sp3 form (analog to quartz)
- SiO2 quartz and its various known polymorphs (~Mohs 7)
- GeO2 argutite Mohs 6-7 -- germanium is a rather rare element!
- SnO2 cassierite Mohs 6-7
- PbO2  -- alpha-PbO2 scrutinyite -- beta-PbO2 plattnerite (TODO: find out Mohs hardness of PbO2 minerals)
- Oxygen is the most abundant element on Earth (crust on surface). It's roughly on par with iron when looking at the whole Earh including the inaccessible interior. (The whole earth average may be a good representation of the elements distribution in the better accessible asteroid belt).
- Salts of oxoacids
- Binary diamondoid compounds