Diamondoid crystolecular machine element
(Redirected from Diamondoid molecular machine element)
A diamondoid crystolecular machine element (DCME) ...
- ... is an assembly of several diamondoid crystolecules into a bigger assembly with (usually superlubricatingly) moving parts.
- ... is smaller than a microcomponent
- ... may (or may not) feature an extensive amount of structural framework that was irreversibly assembled by seamless covalent welding.
(This is unlike typical microcomponents which should typically be designed for high reversible recomposability for recycling).
- diamondoid molecular machine element (DMME)
- crystolecular machine element (CME) – this is more general than just diamondoid in the narrower sense of diamond like structure
- crystoleculic machine element (CME)
- crystoleculline machine element (CME)
- Terminology for parts
- Examples of diamondoid molecular machine elements
- Mechanical circuit element
- An overview over terminology for parts