The term autogenous means "Produced independent from an external cause or influence." (See: wiltionary). In the context of perpetuate systems (including APM systems) "autogenous" refers to a sufficiently closed system that can self replicate.
Examples for autogenous systems:
- diverse species of life (more in case of lone living extremophiles or less is case of symbiotics and parasites)
- the human industry a whole
- hypothetical long term autark space stations
- the early concept of molecular assemblers
- the current concept of advanced atomically precise small scale factories
In many cases it can be difficult to draw a line at which point something becomes dependent. That is at which point you consider the consumed goods prefabricated by external source. (Even atoms could be called prefabricated by stars)