Crystolecule assembly robotics
In this zone of advanced nanofactories crystolecules are put together to bigger microcomponents. Unlike in the Mechanosynthesis cores this happens under programmable control. Crystolecule assembly cores are thus general purpose and can assemble many different kinds of microcomponents. Consequently the next routing layer (microcomponent routing) has much lower importance than the preceding one crystolecule routing.
The means for connection in this size regime are usually passive and may or may not be reversible.
- seamless covalent welding to bigger monolithic crystolecules (irreversible)
- "weak" Vand der Waals force sticking (reversible)
- interocking shapes (reversible)
Some possible kinds of crystolecules that can be assembled here
- Crystolecules in general
- Structural elements for nanofactories
- Static rebar profile force circuit
- Tensioning mechanism design
- preceeding: crystolecule routing and mechanosynthesis core
- next: microcomponent routing, vacuum lockout and assembly of product fragments